Saturday, May 14, 2011

I Touched a child's heart



Today the  14th of may 2011 is by coincidence the same day  as it was last year 14th of may. By coincidence I wore the same t-shirt on both days and on more coincidence was on the same course- touching a child's heart and by extension; charity, something I enjoy as much as I do enjoy being on the internet.
catch up with me on #Cnn tomorrow :)
On 14th of may last year, I participated in the matter heart-run a walk that saves many lives of children in need of heart operations. For me it was a walk leave for the 'run' in the 'heart-run'. I literally walked all the way. Anyway, bottom-line is the cause was and would still have been met to the same effect.
On this different Saturday morning (2011), I wake up in Kitui. I'm here to help come up with a dorm for girls at mutini secondary school. This school is quite interior and majorly 'marginalized'. At a glance, you are able to learn that this school lacks facilities that make a secondary school. To start, there's no dh(dining hall) so they will feed under trees. Their labs are also pathetic, dorms insufficient and loos worst of them all. In fact they should we tell truth, they need another whole new school. With these lacking facilities they are able to make a B+. I respect the effort.
Back to our story, today we were putting the sheets on the roof as to do the final works of the project. We've been here for a week now and the kind of hospitality we get on each single day of our stay there is heavenly. Our visitor-hood never seems to grow old. We are honored to be introduced in front of local leaders, board of governors of the school, parents, literally the whole village knows we're here on a friendly mission. And so with this welcomeness we strive our best to have them some better place to sleep in by the end of this month. When it is complete, we shall have housed 100 girls in a new dorm. Shall we not have touched a child's heart?

 some photos at kitui
carrying the sheets in.

on the job!
men at work
work men on the pick-up


No comments:

Post a Comment