Monday, May 9, 2011

EasymoveKE ~We'll be moved soon




Easymove is what I did for my IS project last semester and I'm of the belief that it could be the next hit in the movements scene in Kenya.
 Let's first of all do facts as I tell you on what it's about. The first thing I must agree to is that we have few moving companies in Kenya that have an online presence, moreso one that uses it's online presence to interact with a huge chunk of people.  Moving companies I know of include cube movers, prestige movers, and others in the bulky moving world  and one world, G4S, Dhl, in the courrier world and all the others you know of.
However in my findings, 'open-source' movement carries the day with individuals who have lorries, pick-ups and other forms of transportation such as trailers, hand-carts(mkokoteni) who indeed collectively make more movements than any of these organizations that offer cargo movement services.
So my idea is to have an online platform where we have all these individual or small companies register as 'movers' and people in need of these services(I called them 'movees' in my system) could log on and possibly use this platform to get this information and thus easier information outreach over internet.

Another fact I'd take some measure of courage to confess is that my public skills are awfully wanting. Murphy's law proved true as I was presenting/defending this project on Thursday. They say what can go wrong will go wrong. Some functionalities of my proj flopped working during presenting just for some code I'd changed on the very morning. All's not lost anyway as I'm working on it for the next few months to have it launched online soon even before completion. I just created an a/c on twitter the handly is @easymoveKE, you could follow in support of the cause.

That's the basis of my idea,  will keep sharing  more of my experiences in development as time goes by
 Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment