Monday, May 14, 2012

Interns, Tuko Pamoja

First of all refer to my title above, Tuko pamoja. 
I've been seeing interns all over my TL today wakufungua roho ati they don't get paid. 
Having this tweet as my support that it was interns doing the conversation, lemme Relate that to an incident that occurred recently. A woman; lady rather was complaining that they were overcharged  by a mat ati because it was mid-day and therefore the price should be 50 not 80. The thing is this lady had already gotten to her destination and if anything, before boarding the mat she was aware of the day's 'hiked fare'. So who's fooling who. You agree into something and then later complain that you deserved more...
If you should listen to somebody seeking to get a job, they go so low the employers have the last laughter. They are always willing to get a job even with no pay. The logic here is " I'll get experience and that will be my selling point on my next job". Same thing has flocked our design and dev market. The so-called upcoming developers are badly willing to do work for free or say at a throw (far) away charge. That's good because you will have reference on your portfolio to push you to the next job. But look at the flip-side of it, what if it goes sour and professionally done work (plus paid for) is better and your first 'CSR client' doesn't need your free service. Or maybe you don't get good publicity from your CSR client. Shall you again complain that clients are taking advantage of designers or whatever-you-are?


Anyway my fellow interns as we wait upon Atwoli to pass on our message to the relevant authorities, my stand is firm; tuko pamoja.

No comments:

Post a Comment