Wednesday, October 26, 2011

My new job at the shop [part 1]






Most of you who we're connected on Facebook, twitter and g+ already know what I've been doing lately. Shop keeping. These days i work as a daytime shopkeeper at my sister's shop. She's my employer, or boss if you so wish. The shop is for selling sodas, cakes, juices, fruits (& salads), cookies, and sweet milk among others (because we're meant to sell swag too as my boss puts it). I have been here now for a week ( and still counting). It's a complete new lifestyle. What I'm learning here is not what you Google, Wikipedia or listen in a class. It's a lot, so much that there should be an exam at the end of it.







At the shop I sell, welcome customers, answer questions, wipe the shop surfaces, smile at 'potential' customers, gaze, doze, wonder, read, think and most importantly surf all day. Lemme just tell you what i mduties are for the day, maybe in the next post i'll post more of photos and experiences i have being there;







In the morning on opening the shop i mop the floor, yes not a joke. The prepare fruit salads and fruit juices. That's all then i'm ready for the day's sales.







The rest of the time i'm usually on my tablet tweeting, reading nres online, basically staying up-to-date with what's happening elsewhere. I twitpic photos during the day. There's too much standing at the shop. At least now i can appreciate bank guards who stand all day. #EndOfJoke



There are a number of things they should declare illegal for a shop to operate without. A radio. Imagine the boredom of looking around a quiet room for a whole day. It's even unconstitutional to dare to imagine.




I'm also current with times so I put up this notice to show my customers how much I care for security- theirs and mine by extension.












ION once I settled with this whole shop procedure I reverted to coding at the shop. Call it Brogramming cause I do it in style. I finished working on that maasai market website, it's a few steps from changing the way MaasaiMarket trades.





Na kwa hayo machache, lemme now attend to this 'customer'. I just hope it's not a question.

No comments:

Post a Comment